Is anyone capable of providing a high-level explanation of how NFT works in Cardano from a traditional blockchain point of view (ERC721, Ethereum, Solana, NEAR, etc), as I'd be very interested in understanding enough to decide going forward with Cardano for a project?
I've read the https://developers.cardano.org/docs/native-tokens/minting-nfts and believe that I understood a bit of it, but got a few questions.
- The Policy ID can be used to identify a collection of native assets (NFT)? E.g. I can query the blockchain and find every single native asset by Policy ID?
- The amount field* for the Policy ID has to be defined, there can't be unlimited supply?
- Policy time locking, how to determine amount of slots in terms of time? Can be average, I guess the slots are computed so depends on the blockchain usage?!
- The Policy ID signature is the mint-authority/controller/admin "wallet address"?
- Does a Policy ID allow us to set multiple signatures (mint-authorities/controller/admin)? Guess that's what the https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node/blob/c6b574229f76627a058a7e559599d2fc3f40575d/doc/reference/simple-scripts.md is for where keyHash is the wallet address and the type "sig" as in "signature"?