I came across this fantastic real-time data-visualization site for Cardano: Cardano Blockchain Insights.
My question is: why have the missing blocks increased by so much? Epoch 347 is due to some known pools, but why is there a general trend since circa Epoch 270? Some hypotheses:
- Is it because there are simply more pools, so it's harder to broadcast blocks before the next block comes up?
- Is it because more people are using barebones metal servers, so connections are less reliable than cloud services?
- Is it because more people are using cloud services, so there's more congestion in the cloud? (Sounds unlikely to me but just want to get some ideas)
- Maybe the trend is due to some pool operators? (Don't want to lay the blame on anyone but it's one possibility)
- Should we worry about it? Will the decline affect the long-term prosepct of Cardano?