I see al lot of NFT projects where you can buy 1 or multiple NFT's for a certain price. Like unsigned_algorithms, CardanoTrees etc. I am curious how these projects are created without the use of smart contracts, is it something that can be done using Blockfrost?
You don't need blockfrost, just learn the cardano-cli and you can make anything. https://developers.cardano.org/docs/native-tokens/minting-nfts/
I also recommend looking at nftmaker pro for quickly minting your own NFT collection. https://www.nft-maker.io/
We can mint NFTs on cardano without smart contracts. There are some projects which help to do it in a browser like https://namiwallet.io/, but you can do it via CLI
The main reason that we can mint NFTs without smart contracts is native tokens on the Cardano blockchain. A good explanation is found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLgnM3ErUE at around 3 minutes. There are multiple websites out there now that can take care of the minting process for you. For example: https://metromermaids.com/mint/v0.104/ or https://www.nft-maker.io/ as well as various NFT marketplaces now also offering token minting support.
you just need :
- cardano CLI to mint NFT
- cardano node to be connected with the rest of the network
- Cardano wallet :) for payment address
- blockfrost to find info about Cardano blockchain, in case of sales, you need to find the Address of the wallet, which paid for your NFT
- IPFS for Storage decentralize solution
- some ubuntu / programming / scripting knowledge, for automation sales machine :)
enjoy decentralization and Digital art!!!
pool operator for TTS17 pool