Hi, everyone! My name is Matías and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I started actively getting involved in this community 6 months ago. I find this experience very satisfying not only for the growth of the entire Cardano fam but also for my own growth as a Developer.
During these last few months trying to help the technical fellowship, I have learned a lot about how to deal with certain issues or how to solve specific development problems, since participating in Cardano StackExchange makes you research and be always up-to-date with what's happening in the ecosystem.
I think I would be a good moderator because I am always trying to encourage respectful feedback, participation and well-founded differences of opinion.
- How would you deal with a user who produced a steady stream of valuable answers, but tends to generate a large number of arguments/flags from comments?
I would encourage the user to continue producing valuable answers by giving good feedback if that's the case. I don't think this should affect the other mentioned attitude, which in that case I would try to approach the user respectfully and see why he/she is having that behaviour. Maybe he/she has a good reason or fair point to do that.
- How would you handle a situation where another mod closed/deleted/etc. a question that you feel shouldn’t have been?
I would try to contact the other mod and give my opinion on that matter. This will help me understand why he/she did that.
- In your opinion, what do moderators do?
Moderators should keep the community inside the limits of the established framework. They also have to provide feedback on how to improve the system. In addition to this, all their contributions should be an example, for all other users, on how to participate and provide feedback in the community.
- A diamond will be attached to everything you say and have said in the past, including questions, answers and comments. Everything you will do will be seen under a different light. How do you feel about that?
"With great power comes great responsibility".
- In what way do you feel that being a moderator will make you more effective as opposed to simply reaching 10k or 20k rep?
As I mentioned before, I believe that being a moderator will make me more effective as a Developer, Technical Leader and Entrepreneur in Cardano's community. This way I can provide more value to it, not only contributing with everything that is within my reach but also by building better products and integrations for the ecosystem.
posted Sep 20, 2022 at 3:21
candidate score 6/40
moderation badges: 0/8
editing badges: 1/6
participation badges: 4/6